11 June 2019

In Chains' Screening & Discussion with Hana Madness at Purplecode ID

[Film Screening and Discussion]
How can humans humanize their peers — especially people with mental disabilities who are continually oppressed by stigma, public misinformation, and a closed perspective that is obsolete?
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
In this Mental Health Awareness Month, let's gather at @purplecode_id in the screening of  "In Chains". This film is collaboration project of artist Hana Madness (ID) and 'the vacuum cleaner' (UK). All about a radical-autonomous mental health community that has rebuilt the lives of survivors of people with mental disabilities in Cianjur, West Java.
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
The screening will be followed by a discussions with Hana Madness. 
As a visual artist and mental health activist, Hana campaigns for mental health awareness through her works that influence national and international public.
 ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
For Hana, "“I have billions of emotional turmoils that I can never understand up till now. They have been living and sticking into my self. The artworks that I have made are interpretations of my mental condition and they describe every beautiful conflict inside me that I turn into something beautiful and colorful.” 
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
IN CHAINS
Saturday, May 11, 2019
at 7 pm till finish
at PurpleCode Space Jakarta

No comments:

Post a Comment